IOM Kosovo through AVRR Programme aims to promote sustainable voluntary return and reintegration of Kosovars, returning from different Western European countries through measures to improve economic prospects for both the returnees and members of the receiving communities, thereby enhancing the capacity of return communities to continue to attract, absorb and retain returning migrants and other displaced people and to prevent further out-migration.
Since 1999 IOM Kosovo in coordination with different governments has developed several AVR Programmes for Kosovar returnees giving a special attention to the vulnerable individuals and groups. This is done by providing pre-departure counselling, transportation, reception and onward transportation to their final destinations and medical assistance in accordance with the needs. Included in this category are: the elderly, the handicapped, unaccompanied minors, single woman travelling with children, the sick persons and AVR returnees.
The IOM AVRR projects operated in Kosovo are as follows:
- Reception Assistance and Onward transportation to final destination
- Reintegration Assistance for Individual Returnees from Switzerland (RAS) & Return Information Fund (RIF)
- Return and Emigration of Asylum Seekers ex Belgium – REAB Programme
- Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programme – Luxemburg (AVRR LUX)
- Reintegration Assistance for Assisted Voluntary Returnees to Kosovo – Hungary (RAAVRK))
- Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programme - Slovakia
- Programme for the Assistance to Voluntary Return from Italy and Reintegration– PARTIR II
- Facilitated Reintegration Scheme FRS – Post arrival assistance to the returnees from UK
- Reintegration and Emigration Program for Asylum-Seekers in Germany (REAG) & Government Assisted Repatriation Program (GARP)
- Reintegration Cash Grant to the returnees from Norway
- Reintegration Cash Grant to the returnees from Finland
- Family Tracing Activities and Assisted Voluntary Return of Unaccompanied Foreign Minors – Italy
- Measures to Enhance the AVRR of Migrants with a chronic Medical Conditions Residing in the EU
- Enhancing capacities in EU Member states and third countries to promote durable solutions for unaccompanied minors
- Centre for the Provision if Information on Return Support (ZIRF). On Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) IOM Kosovohas successfully assisted more than 200,000 returnees since 1999. In 2013, AVRR has helped 496 returnees, of which 57% are Albanians, 28% RAE minorities, 8% Bosniaks and 7% Serbs.