Request for Expression of Interest CON/XK/23-94
FOR THE CONSULTANCY CONTRACT OF:
- Duty Station of the Consultancy: Various Duty Station (Pristina, Merdare, North Mitrovica)
- Duration of Consultancy: 11 months
- Nature of the consultancy: Enumerator to support gathering comprehensive data on migration by using evidence-based approaches
Project Context and Scope:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is implementing the project “Enhance migration governance through evidence-based programming and strengthening capacities of authorities in Kosovo funded by The Swiss Confederation/State Secretariat for Migration (SEM). The overall objective of this project is to contribute to enhancing migration governance through an evidence-based and holistic approach. One of the Outputs of the Project is expanding the systematic data collection on migration, including mobility, trends, intentions and needs.
Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is a data collection system to track and monitor displacement, population mobility and needs. It surveys migrants and other actors through direct communication with them, by adopting route-based approaches in data collection.
In order to expand DTM activity and presence in communities, at entry and exit points, IOM - Kosovo will employ in total three (3) enumerators to support monthly DTM data collect exercise, thus gather essential data on migration patterns, challenges, by using evidence-based approach, to gather comprehensive and accurate information about the migration daily patterns, demographics, socio-economic characteristics, and needs of migrants in Kosovo. The data collected will be used for evidence-based policy-making, and informed decision-making to address the challenges associated with migration. Flow monitoring surveys will apply to other actors when needed, such as companies and other economic sectors impacted by migration.
To preserve operational flexibility, while promoting quality and coherence across DTM activities, this framework outlines various components, tools and methods such as: Mobility tracking, Flow monitoring, Registration and Survey that have proven effective for quantifying displacement and mobility in DTM operations worldwide.
The primary objective is to hire three enumerators with specialized knowledge and experience to collect the estimated daily inflow and outflow of migrants at the entry and exit points, by guaranteeing accurate and insightful data of migrants in Kosovo.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing
Migration Management and Operations
Tasks to be performed under this contract
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
Education, Experience and skills required
- Proficiency in English and Albanian and/or Serbian language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of additional languages will be considered an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
*All references to Kosovo should be understood in reference to the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).