Request for Expression of Interest CON/XK/23-92
FOR THE CONSULTANCY CONTRACT OF:
- Duty Station of the Consultancy: Vranidol/ Lipjan, Kosovo*
- Duration of Consultancy: 6 months
- Nature of the consultancy: Licenced Psychologist to provide psychological sessions in Temporary Reception Centre for Migrants, Detention Centre for Foreigners and Shelter for Victims of Trafficking
Project Context and Scope:
The overall objective of the intervention is to contribute to better migration management of mixed migration flows in the Western Balkans (WB) through strengthening effective counter-smuggling and counter-human trafficking practices.
IOM aims to ensure that all the accommodated migrants in the centre have access to basic services and ensure their well-being during their stay. MHPSS services are crucial and essential to migrants, considering the traumatic experiences and events they have gone through.
The psychologist shall deliver psychosocial support/counselling to those in need, whether in groups therapy or individual counselling. Follow up with cases during the beneficiary/s stay in the centre/s, refer needed cases and adjust treatment plans.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing
Migration Management and Operations Department, Westen Balkans Joint Actions against Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Human Beings and Addressing Mixed Migration Flows in the Western Balkans projects.
Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
Offer psychosocial support to migrants and victims of trafficking, effectively manage health cases within the designated centers, generate and deliver comprehensive monthly reports, facilitate referrals for cases requiring specialized attention, while providing valuable recommendations to ease the overall process.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- perform in flexibility (beneficiaries receiving timely support when needed)
- successfully provide counselling to beneficiaries
- successfully manage mental health cases in the centre/s
- successfully refer cases when/if needed and recommendations
Education, Experience and skills required
- University degree in Psychology or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- The candidate must be licensed in clinical psychology.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in providing clinical counselling psychology or/and psychotherapy.
- Previous experience in working with migrants, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups.
- Previous experience with persons with different cultural background.
- Previous experience of working in humanitarian setting and/or emergency is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in English and Albanian languages, both written and spoken. Knowledge of additional languages will be considered an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Kosovo will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
*All references to Kosovo should be understood in reference to the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).