Who We Are
WHO WE AREThe International Organization for Migration (IOM) is part of the United Nations System as the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all, with 175 member states and a presence in over 100 countries. IOM has had a presence in Kosovo since 1999.
Our WorkAs the leading inter-governmental organization promoting since 1951 humane and orderly migration, IOM plays a key role to support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through different areas of intervention that connect both humanitarian assistance and sustainable development. Across Kosovo, IOM is implementing several programmes to the benefit of all Kosovars
- Data and Resources
- Take Action
- 2030 Agenda
Promoting Social Integration and Reconciliation in Kosovo is a project implemented by IOM Kosovo and funded by the British Embassy in Pristina. The main objectives of the project is to foster cooperation and reconciliation between different communities through business support and their integration into national institutions and the domestic and foreign markets, the support of various multi-ethnic social initiatives for women and youth and through promoting unbiased media reporting.
Activities include grants for inter-ethnic or minority start-up-, micro-, and small enterprises as well as community initiatives and/or social entrepreneurs. Inter-ethnic and minority enterprises are being supported to enhance capacities and business linkages to expand into Kosovo wide and foreign markets. Also, support is given to innovative women and youth initiatives that aim to improve and foster sustainable multi-ethnic cooperation and lastly, in order for civil society to build confidence and reduce inter-ethnic tensions, responsible media reporting is being encouraged.
The first two phases of the project ran for 18 months, from October 2016 to March 2018, and had a total value of 390,000 GBP (approx. 435,000 €).
For an overview of all activities, scroll through the awarded businesses and social initiatives below:
- Establishment of Fashion Studio “She-Wolf”
- Agro-Hit – Agriculture Enterprise
- Photo Exhibition “Youth For Heritage”
- Development of online language platform for learning Albanian and Serbian languages
- Kamenica schools activities – Games without borders, Youth Camps and Creative Workshop
- Cooperation with Kosovo Chamber of Commerce
- Infrastructural Projects
- Unbiased Media Reporting
- Livestock donation for farmers in Leposavic Municipality
- Improvement of production of Doki Sport Company
- Improvement of services of Villa Vllahia restaurant
- Caretaking services
- Al Tec – Pet Food Production Company
- Haus Majstor services
- Improvement of production for Trle-Kafa company
- Enhancing of services of Mar-Ing construction company
- Improvement of production for Stilus Company
- Establishment of EuroMilk Diary
- Mini Art Street Festival
- Youth Counselling
- Regional Training Centre For Unemployed And Marginalized People
- IT Training
- Professional Tailoring Course